UPDATE – 2,000 attended!
Video report here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piKdcfq6EBQ
In and around the Lordship Hub we will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Friends of Lordship Rec [See Friends Timeline link below] and the 8th Birthday of the Lordship Hub. There will be…
– an 11-12noon pre-festival guided WALK ON THE WILDSIDE in the Rec discovering its hidden natural secrets. Meet at the Hub 11am
– a FRIENDS STALL with info on how our park has been transformed over the last 20 years, and how everyone can get involved [See Friends Volunteering Map below]
– EXHIBITION on the history of the Friends
– a BBQ by Bolland & Crust catering for all tastes
– the Hub CAFE
– CREATIVE WORKSHOPS floristry and natural crafts, children’s papercrafts, and graffiti/spraypainting
– DRUMMING 2-5pm, and PARKOUR 2.30-4.30pm around the Rec
– CELEBRATION CAKE CUTTING at 3.30pm
– MR SQUASH, CHILDREN’S ENTERTAINER at 4pm
– STALLS including Kidstrove diverse toys, jewellery, plants, handmade decorated brownies, and other craft stalls
– CARIBBEAN LINE DANCING at 4.30pm
– WHEELY TOTS will be in the Model Traffic Area from 1-3pm, plus ROLLER DISCO there from 3-5pm.
– Activities in the OUTDOOR GYM 12-2pm, and at the TABLE TENNIS tables 1-5pm – PARENT AND TODDLERS GATHERING AND GAMES by the tree on the hill
In and around the main field a range of events – mainly coordinated by the Council – sees the launch of a summer of ‘People Need Parks’ activities throughout the borough. There will be…
– MUSIC AND PERFORMANCE at the open air Shell Theatre 12-5pm
– ACTIVITIES for all ages, including sports, inflatables, bush craft, hula hoops, Xplorer, Tai Chi, Self-defence
– PONY RIDES
– GIRLS FOOTBALL in the enclosed sports field
– BREAKTHRU mobility cycling in the MUGA, 1-3pm
– HARMONY GARDENS food growing, 1-4pm
– STALLS for health, food growing, food and refreshments, smarter travel, information, face painting, women’s group, crafts
– AND MUCH MORE!
Full Festival Timetable and Map below [first 2 links].
Please come along and help CELEBRATE YOUR PARK, THE FRIENDS OF THE REC, AND YOUR LOCAL HUB AND HUB CAFE!
Getting involved with the Friends and the Hub: