Lordship Recreation Ground was officially opened to the public in June 1936. 10,000 people surged through the gates to take part in the opening ceremony. It stands on what was once agricultural land.
An active member of the Friends of Lordship Rec, Ray Swain, who is a local historian linked closely with Bruce Castle local history museum, has produced several interesting pamphlets on the history of the Rec and the local Area . These documents are available on this website.
History Walk Around The Rec.
Tower Gardens residents historyTower Gardens residents history