Youth Fest in the Rec
Saturday, July 9th 1-5pm
Sports, Crafts and performance day for young people from 6-19 yrs
In Lordship Rec at the Hub and in Broadwater Farm Community Centre
Various sports taster sessions and demonstrations, Talent Showcase, workshops and stalls
Free Event – All welcome!
On Saturday September 20th there was a lovely village atmosphere as crowds turned out to enjoy and join in a range of exciting, enthralling, informative, lively, fun and empowering community activities in various parts of the Rec. This year’s event – on World Parks Day 2014! – was once again organised by and for local people. It showcased the wonderful talent in Tottenham, and the efforts and determination of so many groups to promote community spirit, initiative and empowerment.
– One World Folk Music at the outdoor Shell Theatre stage & in the Hub: Music and performances from all different cultures, coordinated by the Shell Performing Arts Collective. There was also a procession led by the Stow Caledonian Pipe Band.
– Tottenham Flower & Produce Show: Lots of impressive and artistic entries (local fruit and veg, plants, crafts etc), and many prizes handed out. Coordinated by Back2Earth and members of the Friends of Lordship Rec
– Dogs Day Out: In the main field there was a Fun Dog Show and Dog Agility Course, plus free micro-chipping, tag engraving and info for dog owners. Coordinated by Battersea Dogs and Cats Home, Wood Green Animal Shelter and members of the soon-to-be re-launched Lordship Dog Club.
– Sports Sessions in the main field, including boxing. Organised by Haringey Council’s Leisure Services.
– Free gym induction, in the Broadwater Farm Community Centre
– Harmony Gardens: Informative tours of the community food-growing garden, organised by Back2Earth’s Head Gardener
– Open House information about the environmental excellence of the new Eco-Hub building. Organised by the Hub designers, Ann Thorne Architects..
– Special Guest Cafe(s) at the Eco-Hub: Delicious fresh meals jointly laid on by Back 2 Earth and Simba Organics
– Community stalls: A magnificent spread of info/crafts/products/fundraising/food stalls from local community groups, campaigns and traders
– Ad hoc wheels fun on the Loop track and in the freestyle area
– Consultation with young people about the Adventure Playground, organised by Haringey Play Association
… and more!
What a great way to celebrate World Parks Day 2014!
Lordship Rec, N17
Saturday 20th September 2014, 12-6pm
– One World Folk Music at the Shell & Hub (By the Shell Performing Arts Collective)
– Tottenham Flower & Produce Show (By Friends of Lordship / Back 2 Earth)
– Dogs Day Out in the main field – Fun Dog Show / Free Micro-chipping and Tag Engraving / Dog Agility Course (By Battersea Dogs and Cats Home / Wood Green Animal Shelter)
– Sports Sessions in the main field (By Council’s Leisure Services) + free gym induction in the Broadwater Farm Community Centre
– BMX Action: trials and session on the Loop track (By Tottenham Bike Club)
– Harmony Gardens: Informative tours of the community food-growing garden (By Back 2 Earth’s Head Gardener)
– Open House tours of the Eco-Hub (By the Hub Co-op / Architects) and Cafe at the Eco-Hub (By Back 2 Earth)
– Youth consultation by the Loop,adventure playground and freestyle area
8,000 residents attend to celebrate the community-led regeneration of Tottenham’s largest park, and to showcase the talents and interests of Tottenham’s communities
The 2012 Lordship Rec ‘Re-launch’ Community Festival in Tottenham on Saturday 22nd September was a huge success. 8,000 attended the celebration of the new community-led regeneration works in the Recreation Ground, and took part in a dazzling array of free activities for all ages and interests. From 11am to 5pm thousands joined in the sports, arts and crafts, music and dance, history, discussions, browsing of stalls, and other fun and educational activities. As in the previous annual festivals in the Rec, the idea was to showcase the talents and interests of Tottenham’s communities and to promote community spirit. Over 70 local volunteers helped the day go smoothly.
The event was organised and co-ordinated by the Lordship Rec Users Forum**, the community-led stakeholders organisation who have driven forward the successful regeneration of the park over the last 10 years. £5m of construction works over the last 18 mths (£4m from the Heritage Lottery Fund) have resulted in a gorgeous brand-new flower-lined channel for the River Moselle, a new ‘Loop’ bike track and an Environmental Hub building with café and classroom, refurbishment of the Shell Theatre, restoration of the historic and nationally-unique Model Traffic Area, new meadows, flower-beds and tree planting, and general improvements to drainage, paths and entrances. The festival was able to introduce all these new features and facilities to local residents. Continue reading “Community Festival ‘re-launches’ Tottenham’s largest park following £5m improvements”
Saturday September 22nd, 1-5pm
A wide range of free activities for all ages and interests
Celebrate Our ‘New’ Park
Lordship Rec has been a public park for 80 years. It has boasted many unique features including the nationally reknowned Model Traffic Area plus the Shell Theatre. In 2011-12 major renovation works have taken place bringing these features back to life and adding new ones. We now have a stunning new course for the River Moselle, a state of the art bike track, an innovative ‘eco’ building with cafe, toilets, community room and classroom, and many other natural features.
Come and join in the fun!
Something for Everyone
• Variety of Sports, games and Exercise Tasters and Fun Run in the park and in the Broadwater Farm Community Centre. All for Free! Continue reading “Lordship Rec Community Festival 2012”
Incorporating the ‘Make A Change’ sports extravaganza and the ‘Tottenham Green Fair’
Lordship Rec, Lordship Lane, Tottenham N17
Saturday Sept 11th
1pm-5pm (sports from 12noon)
Activities include: Tottenham Flower & Produce Show, Dog Agility Show, Cycling Activities & Dr Bike, Fun Run, Performances & DJ, Community Cafe, Skateboarding/BMXing, Football Tournament, Netball, Tennis, Aerobics, Martial Arts, Rugby, Arts and Crafts for Under-5s and for older children, Pedal-powered Stage, History Displays, Pond-Dipping & Bug Hunt, Adventure Play, Children’s Procession, Picnics and Community Stalls.
Read more here!
Wednesday 12th May, 6.30pm – 8pm
At Broadwater Centre, 1 Adams Rd, N17 (by the BWF entrance to the park).
For everyone interested in helping co-ordinate this year’s festival on Sat 11th September.
- Activities on the day
- General co-ordination
Monday 15th February, 6.30pm – 7.30pm
At Broadwater Centre, 1 Adams Rd, N17 (by the BWF entrance to the park)
The Lordship Rec Community Festival is on this year again – by popular demand! (See report of last year’s highly successful event – below).
The festival is organised collectively by the organisations involved in the LRUF, and by all those involved in putting on activities there. Its a huge challenge for all of us, and we can only pull it off again if loads of people help out from the very beginning.
Can everyone who wants to help make this year’s event a success please come along to the launch meeting.
We need to discuss:
- activities we want to see happen
Monday 21st September, 6.30pm
at the Broadwater Farm Community Centre, 1 Adams Rd, N17
– Meeting for reps of user groups, local organisations and stakeholders concerned to successfully regenerate the park.
– Minutes of previous LRUF meeting will follow soon.
This meeting will be a special one in which all those involved with the festival are invited to come and contribute their thoughts on how it went!