What: The Junior Trax off road cycling skills course
Where: Lordship Rec
When: Every Saturday 10am to 1pm from 6th Feb to 6th March
How Much: FREE
To welcome in the new year The Trax off road cycling club of Lordship Rec are pleased to announce the launch of The Junior Trax off road cycling course for 10 to 16 year olds.
The course consists of 5 free skills sessions in the Rec running every Saturday morning from the 6th Feb to the 6th March. Each session starts at 10am and finishes at 1pm. The course is open for riders off all abilities.
You will learn practical bike maintenance skills and off road cycling techniques like good body position, braking, cornering, how to lift your front and back wheel as well as bunny hop over objects. There will also be fun group activities and races. At the end you will receive a course certificate.
To apply and for more details please contact Daniel Mintz on 07990577206 email@example.com
Please help us in spreading the word to friends and family locally. More than happy to post out posters and fliers.
A list of frequently asked questions (FAQ’s) about the course is below
Finally a very happy new year from all at The Trax http://www.thetrax.co.uk
Who runs the course?
- The course is offered and hosted by The Trax Off Road cycling club of Lordship Rec working with two experienced coaches from an organisation called Firecrest MTB and two coaching assistants from The Trax club directly.
Are the coaches qualified?
- The coaches are Ian Warby and John Holbrook who are both both CTC and first aid qualified. These coaches will be supported by two coaching assistants from the Trax club i.e. Mario Schmoltzi and Oliver Bergassi
What do we do on the course?
- A typical session will involve an introduction followed by a bike maintenance check to get your bike in top condition and pass on some core maintenance skills. Then a serious of skills sessions would take place like front and rear wheel lifts as well as bunnyhops, braking, trackstands and cornering at speed. There will also be quite a few fun races. The day will use the sections of the existing dirt BMX track, the field and hopefully the skate park. The course will build skills and confidence for off road cycling and is aimed as a fun group activity based course.
Is their a child protection policy in place?
- Yes as a British Cycling Affiliated club we adhere to the British Cycling child protection policy and all coaches are CRB checked.
How many can attend the course?
- Approximately 18 riders can enrol on the course. A maximum of 6 students to each coach / coaching assistant. Hurry and apply.
Are riders of all abilities welcome?
- Yes the course is accessible to all riders between 10 and 16 years of age including riders with disabilities
Do I have to attend all 5 sessions?
- No you can attend as many courses as you wish. Though to get the best from the course it is recommended to attend all 5 but this is not necessary.
What do I do to apply?
How much is the course?
- The course is made possible by a grant from Play Sport London. The course is free.
What if the course is full?
- We will add your name to the waiting list and call you if a place comes up? We will also keep you informed of any future sessions and activities (already in the planning).
What do I need to bring?
- Helmets are mandatory. Gloves, drink and snack recommended
What if I don’t own a bike or helmet?
- No promises but please still contact us and we will look to see if we can supply the equipment for the duration of the course sessions.
Any more questions just ask
I look forward to riding with you all in 2010