Marathon Fun Day in Lordship Rec – Sunday April 26th, 9am-5pm
The Friends and other park user groups are planning a special Marathon Day to include publicity for the park’s potential for physical exercise.
– The Hub cafe will be promoting healthy eating and broadcasting the Marathon all day live from 9am, including the mass start at 10am.
– All welcome to join in the Walk Or Run: Its Fun! – Your Pace No Race… around the park starting at 11am at the Hub. Please register from 10.30am.
– And there will be fun and games (tug-of-war etc), 12-1pm.
– The Broadwater Farm Community Centre Gym will be open for free sessions – come and have a trial! 11am-3pm.
– Green Gym taster session at the Harmony Gardens, 2pm-2.30pm
– The Hub will host Feeling Good In The Rec, 1pm-5pm, healing therapies and fitness tasters.*
12-5pm BMX/Skate Jam in the skatepark, 12-5pm with competitions, music and food.
* Children must be accompanied by a parent/carer in the above organised events
Help raise funds for further improvements to Lordship Rec!
Please donate here at the button on the right hand side of this page…
Lordship Rec, Tottenham’s largest public park, has recently undergone a successful regeneration which has transformed a previously neglected and run-down green space into an attractive, well-used and vibrant park. The Friends of Lordship Rec, in partnership with Haringey Council’s Parks Service, have led this regeneration effort. However, there are a range of further improvements needed to complete the regeneration plans. 100% of the money raised by donations between now and April 30 will go towards some of the additional improvements needed, including: a drinking fountain, seating, wildlife habitats, equipment for volunteers, and signage.
How you can donate
– The Friends have set up a special DONATE button on their website’s home page. www.lordshiprec.org.uk
– Cheques [made out to ‘Friends of Lordship (Marathon)’] can be posted to the Friends of Lordship Rec.
Being active in the Rec
We are also using the opportunity to promote Lordship Rec, its attractive walking/jogging routes and the newly-installed distance markers on those routes. Why not come and try the routes for yourself! You can also join in the weekly walks organised by the Lordship Rec Walking Group every Monday morning, meeting up at 9.20am at the Downhills Park Road entrance. Or join in the monthly ‘Your Pace, No Race’ sessions on the first Sunday of each month – meet 11am outside the Hub cafe by the lake in the park. And there are the cycling groups, the Brakethru Club, football teams and others promoting physical activity – including a plan for outdoor gym equipment near the Hub..
Organised by Friends of Lordship Rec, Women’s Assoc of Lordship Rec, Lordship Walking Group, Your Pace No Race, Hub Co-op