Minutes of 27th June meeting will be here shortly!
Next meeting is Tuesday July 25th at 2pm in the Hub cafe. It will be good to see you there.
We met on Friday 2nd June to cut brambles and thistles from the picnic area, although we did not work for long as it was very hot. We also saw some new wild flowers along the wide path behind the lake.
Minutes of the last Lordship Wildlife Group (LWG) meeting, May 23rd 2017
What’s on, What we do, Suggestions for LWG, Tasks, Surveys.
1. Spring Watch is on BBC TV again. Worth watching.
2. “Big Butterfly Count” starts 14th July to 6th Aug. Do try to do a 15 minute count near where you live. Download butterfly pictures and info off internet.
3. This is tree week. Lots of events on in Haringey.
4. Bee walk in Lordship Rec on Saturday 10th June. Meet Hub Lordship Rec.
5. Organic Lea and Crop Drop have come to Tottenham at Wolves Lane. Do pop in and see them.
6. We have workdays ie this Friday 2nd June at 11 AM to cut thistles and brambles in the Picnic area (in the Rec). Come and join us.
7. We meet every 4th Tuesday of month at 2PM in Hub café after Green Gardeners group 1pm.
8. We put on events. Recently we had “Go Wild” with seeds, plants, stalls and walks to identify birds, trees and wild flowers.
9. We survey the wild flowers growing in the Rec monthly.
10. We have a web site inside Friends of Lordship Rec site.
11. We have input to parks dept. and council re best practice for biodiversity.
12. We have bat and bird boxes and other habitats in the park.
Suggestions for LWG –
13. Owl boxes,
14. Keep asking for hoods on park lights to encourage bats back.
15. A project or competition for best photos of local people’s wildlife friendly gardens
16. Children growing plants.
17. A day for celebrating the natural world in the city; could include poetry, art, prose, or other.
Any other ideas welcome.
We meet on the 4th Tuesday of each month at 2pm in the Hub Lordship Rec to catch up and plan. All are welcome to join us.
We also do wild flower surveys in the Rec. Come and join in. You can learn something and enjoy looking too. We also do other tasks to increase biodiversity.
For more info email email@example.com